Sophia's Blog

Blogging is a fun, engaging way to write!

teacher: Mrs. Freitas

William Shakespeare, a poet, a playwright, an actor, and a gentleman. He was a terrific man. He died, on his 52nd birthday. When he died Ben Jonson said, “Not of an age, but for all time.” Why did he say this? What did he mean? I am going to tell you what I think he meant. You may think differently but this is what I think.
I think he meant that even if William is dead his is still with us in a way. His poets and his wonderful plays are still with us in our heads. In our head we have a brain; in our brain we have memories, including memories of William.
Even today we watch plays that have been written by William. We use words that William created. If we still have the same words and plays than we still have William.
Remember this is what I think. What do you think? I would like to know!

Hi my name is Sophia. I am 11 years old. My friends names are Chante, Kayla, Julia, Rudi and Ashley. I have one sister, Alena, one mom and dad. I also have two dogs and one fish!