-

Water pollution is killing animal and people! You could be in risk! So read this to be able to reduce water pollution and learn about the threats!
First off, I need to tell you the causes of pollution. the first thing that I will tell you about that pollutes water is: Sewage and Waste water. Sewage often runs into water or is dumped into water and when that happens it causes diseases like diarrhea. Also sewage disposal is a major problem in developing countries like Afghanistan and Niger. Many people in these areas don't have access to sanitary conditions and clean water.
Another reason water is polluted is because of factories and other industrial buildings. Often they have small spills near water of oil,lead and some other things. sometimes they have large spills like the gulf of Mexico oil spill, and it is not always oil.
A third reason water gets polluted is because of eutrophication which is when the area around lakes and other water areas become very rich in nutrients and course algal blooms. Algal blooms disrupt normal functioning of the ecosystem and cause a lot of problems the algae uses up oxygen making it that other life in the water does not have enough oxygen to live and many marine creatures and plants die. It may also stop plants that need sunlight to die by blocking up the sunlight.
The second thing I will tell you is the the possible dangers to your own health. when stuff (what ever it may be) kills animals the stuff that kill them if anyone eats it may kill the person who ate it or make them very sick. when you drink the water the has gotten polluted you most likely will get sick or maybe killed.
The third thing you may want to know is how people treat polluted water. For industrial water treatment the first step is to filter the sewage to remove inorganic materials and solid particles. The second step is to do it again and remove more of the solids and do some other processes that also remove solids and chemicals. The third step is to remove almost all of the solids and chemicals. Pretty much they just remove chemicals and solids.
For sewer water first, untreated sewage from a some sewage storage flows into the septic tank and the solids are separated from the liquid. Second the solids are separated depending on their weight, heavier particles go to the bottom and all the lighter particles form a layer. Then biological processes are used and degrade the solids. And last the liquid flows out of the tank and into a drainage system and all the rest of the solids are filtered out.
Then last and I think the most interesting thing we (humans) do to polluted water to clean it to use ozone waste water treatment, but the processes is rather short though. Generators change oxygen into ozone by using a ultra violet radiation or by using an electric discharge field. the good things are about ozone waste water treatment are that it kills bacteria well, and filter out Oxidises substances like iron and sulfur well too, it also does not leave odors or residues it also changes back to oxygen fast and leaves no trace that it was there. The disadvantages of using ozone waste water treatment is that: it requires a lot of electricity and it can cost lots of money and will not work when the power is lost, it also cannot dissolve salts and minerals in the polluted water, and it can sometimes leave materials that can be harmful to humans.
Now that you know about water pollution I can now tell you what YOU can do to prevent water pollution. First conserve water by turning off the tap when running water is not necessary. This prevents water shortages and reduces the amount of contaminated water that needs. Second you should be careful what you put down your sink or toilet. do not put paints, oils and other forms of litter down the drain. Third use household products that are good for the environment like washing powder, and cleaning agents and toiletries. Fourth you should make sure not to use a lot of pesticides and fertilizers so that you help prevent runoffs of the pesticide or fertilizers into nearby water. Fifth you should not through litter into any source of water, and try to pick up and litter that you see near or in water. Sixth you should plant a garden or some plants if you can because you would help prevent polluted water from running off into nearby water sources.