About me

International Towne 05/13/12
Flashcards 05/10/12
History Fair 05/07/12
Ernest Green 05/07/12
International Towne 05/01/12
School 01/31/12
Wiki 01/16/12
Goals for 2012 01/16/12
Blogging 12/07/11
Winter Break 12/06/11

Drum Corps International
Over the summer my brother participated in a huge marching competition called Drum Corps. Most people have never even heard of Drum Corps International (DCI), but it is an event in which hundreds of music groups travel around the country performing their shows. Drum Corps is like professional marching band, but you don't get paid. In fact, it costs a lot to even be a part of a corps. It is an extremely mentally and physically destructive experience. Everyone sleeps on our country's finest high school gym floors, and the tubas have to do "happy fun time" where they hold their forty-pound instruments at set position ( held in the air- not on you shoulder) for painful lengths of time. The corps' intense agony pays off when they play their ear-splitting performances with amazing accuracy. The corps that my brother marched with, the Blue Knights, achieved ninth place in the nation. He came back home smelling really bad.
Article posted October 3, 2011 at 08:52 PM • comment (1) • Reads 51 • Return to Blog List

I can barely hold a five pound weight above my head for 30 seconds!
Posted March 20, 2012 at 05:00 PM by • Amanda

I like to hang out with firends. Ihate school.I love animals.