I had to do this for enrichment so I thought I
would share it with everyone. :)

Boasting a lethal number of mini-guns, cannons and howitzers, the AC-130 Gunship has earned a reputation as one of the deadliest combat weapons on the planet.

The AC-130 gunship was created because the U.S Air Force needed a new ground attack air craft that was big and could fly long distances. The AC-130 is a modified version of Lockheed Martin C-130 Hercules transport plane. . The aircraft got its weapons from Boeing who is responsible for transforming the transport plane into a gunship.

The AC-130 was designed to, in combat missions to provide support to other aircraft and soldiers fighting on the ground. It dose it job very well. The U.S. Air Force is the only user of the AC-130 Gunship. The aircraft comes in two variants. In order for the AC-130 to fly it requires a crew of 13 people. The weapons on the AC-130 range from 25 millimeter Gatling guns to 105 millimeter howitzers; the AC-130 has a reputation for delivering punishing assaults in combat zones.

Along with providing firepower, the AC-130 gunship has impressed the U.S. Air Force because of its ability to operate in extreme weather conditions and fly for long periods of time at night. Equipped with advanced sensors, scanners and radar, the aircraft is able to tell the difference between teammates and enemies from great distances. This makes the AC-130 one of the best among conventional military aircraft.
The AC-130 Gunship has been criticized for being too heavily armed and providing an overwhelming display of force. However, the Air Force has wanted in recent years to add more firepower to the aircraft.

In the future, the U.S. Air Force announced that it will upgrade the armaments on the AC-130 Gunship. The aircraft’s howitzers will be replaced with 120 millimeter mortars and Hellfire missiles. The Air Force will also add Viper Strike Glide Bombs and an Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System to the aircraft. All together, these additions will make the AC-130 Gunship an even more formidable piece of weaponry.