I would have to say the best part was the lake observation because you got to see little creatures and enjoy a quiet time by the lake. I like calm moments by water, like lakes or the creek by my house. The activity that I enjoyed the most would be the Oh Deer one. I liked that because I thought it was fun. What I learned from the WHOLE field trip is that nature is pretty and it had to go through a whole lot more trouble to survive than we do. I also learned that the outdoors are a great place to be when you need some inspiration or quiet time. It’s also a good place for a field trip  

Article posted September 29, 2011 at 09:03 PM • comment (8) • Reads 61 • Return to Blog List

Goodluck on the writing contest.sooooooooooo is that like you write a novel or something?
Posted October 26, 2011 at 07:22 PM by • jaimiem
Hi Kacie, sorry you never got my response. Sometimes I find Blogmeister drops the comments. I should know better and copy my text before I hit send. So...my peaceful place is my soft brown couch, lying flat, with a book in my hand, my cat purring on my stomach, the light slanting through just so, sort of golden, or a small lamp on, maybe a cup of tea within reach.If my woodstove is on, all the better, but in summer just a light lovely breeze only adds to the moment. The different books I read let me just float away with my thoughts about what I've read, and I can think myself away into some deep thoughts or dreams.. I also find the beach peaceful, I love to walk along and find shells and seaglass, and I find it peaceful but my mind sort of shuts down. I feel more physical, the sun, the heat, or the breeze, the salt air, makes you feel peaceful and connected but in my case shuts off thoughts which can be a good thing too!
I want to say that I'm sorry you get bullied. I hope you talk to Ms. Lubich about it. I find that students who don't fit into the "box", who don't fit every one's idea of "cool" or "in"....suffer now, but are the creative, cool kids later. Believe me, I speak from experience. It's not those in the pack that make a difference. The only thing I can say is wait till you grow up a bit more and what a difference it will make!! You are obviously talented. The best is yet to come.
Very Sincerely, Mrs. C.
Posted October 25, 2011 at 03:50 PM by • Lisa Casey
I play the saxophone in my schools band. I also LOVE to write. Pretty much anything. Drawing is also pretty fun.
Posted October 13, 2011 at 03:16 PM by • OptiGuy25
That sounds so cool! I love nature and being outside so that field trip sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!!
Posted October 13, 2011 at 02:00 PM by • soccerbuster219
Hi Kacie, I sent you a reply but I think there was a glitch so if you don't see a return comment from me let me know. I did reply about my peaceful places and thinking spots but I don't want to have it posted twice if you did receive it -
and again, thanks for all your comments! I appreciate them very much and so do my students.
Best,
Mrs. C.
Posted October 13, 2011 at 08:20 AM by • Lisa Casey
What comes into your mind when you hear the words “peaceful place or thinking spot”? mine would be a lake or creek or some form of body of water. I also think of a big shady spot under a tree, mostly a cherry blossom tree. Tell me what your “peaceful spot” is!
Posted October 12, 2011 at 06:53 PM by • Kacie
Thank you for that comment Kacie I tryed reading aloud and It actully worked.
Posted October 5, 2011 at 10:42 AM by • AdamRDD
That must of been REALLY cool!
Posted October 5, 2011 at 07:58 AM by • OptiGuy25