I have just been given a list of books from a reading teacher in Rode Island. Based on the list and the video on one of the links, some of those books would be banned and probably many others. The First Amendment allows us to read any book that we want and write anything we want. The Power of Speech fits into this because some people, I know I am one of them, speak their feelings in the books that they write. If we are not allowed to let those feelings be shown through writing or let are imaginations run wild, then we are in a box. I wouldn’t want to live in a box where thinking outside the box wasn’t allowed. Banned books week allows us to speak out. NO BOOK SHALL BE BANNED AND NO IMAGINATION SHALL BE LOCKED UP! that is my thoughts about banned books.
Article posted September 29, 2011 at 08:40 PM • comment (1) • Reads 62 • Return to Blog List

Have you rad Savvy by Ingrid Law? It is a really good fantasy book. I agree with your thoughts on banned books.
Posted October 13, 2011 at 03:13 PM by • OptiGuy25