Our day at the park was a great way to learn hands-on. My favorite part of the field trip was the camouflage station. It really taught us how important getting hidden is in the wild. You got to explore different hiding techniques, and figure out how to stay invisible when the predator moved. It really got interesting when there were four predators. My favorite part of the whole day was the egg race. There were lots of broken eggs when my group went. Many laughs were shared between the people going and the people watching. I learned lots of things, but the most important one was that you have to be really well adapted to survive. The crawdads at the pond, and the “Oh Deer” activity with food, water, and shelter both demonstrated the survival of the fittest theory. What a great day.
Article posted September 28, 2011 at 05:47 PM • comment • Reads 65 • Return to Blog List