Blogging is a fun, engaging way to write!

teacher: Mrs. Freitas

Hello my name is Kelci. I am going to tell you about the everglades was created. First it was the age of the seashells. Over the years the seashells became limestone. The limestone became land. Lake Okeechobee spilled over and made a river about one hundred miles and sometimes it was only six inches deep in some places. It was the start of the everglades. The everglades is a swamp and it has living animals in it like one celled animals, plants, alligators, panthers, raccoons, deer, pink flamingos, and otter live in the everglades. Storms of Wood storks would drop down and eat snails, little crabs, bugs, and fish. Some plants took root like saw grass, orchids, trees and many more. The first people to come to the everglades were the calusa people they lived happily in the everglades. Then the Spanish conquistadors but they were afraid of the alligators so they left
Article posted September 26, 2011 at 03:43 PM • comment • Reads 49 • Return to Blog List