Copyright (c) 2014 by Waitahi Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Waitahi -- Blogmeister

It's all about me

Super Seniors

We are a class of Year 6,7 & 8 students, aged from about 9 years old through to 13 year olds. We live in a small rural community in the North Island of New Zealand. We have a fantastic school where we are offered lots of fun and challenging learning experiences.

by Waitahi

teacher: Lynda Bullock

The past term gone[term 2] we have been learning kapa haka.
Kapa haka is a maori dance with a maori song with it. The haka is a chant to scare unwanted visitors.
Our goal is to enter a cluster festival and hopefully win. But if we don't it would be a great experience.
In kapa haka we have learnt the maori vowels , how to sing as a group, and we have learnt new songs. We are very powerful singing to a guitarist, I feel like I finally fit in.
Thank you to our Kaiako [ teacher ] Grant also known as Matua Grant. Our Principal Mrs McGee who arranged Matua Grant to teach us.
Maori is my place.
Article posted August 5, 2011 at 11:48 PM • comment • Reads 49 • Return to Blog List

Hiya i'm Waitahi and my favorate thing is alot of things like netball, basketball, playing online, whatching movies, girly stuff, and stuff like that. I like my school at Lake Rerewhakaaitu and have been going here for just under a year, last year I was a yr 5 so what yr am I, thats right 6. thank you for reading.