It is almost time for us to say goodbye to fifth grade and to Denton Avenue Elementary School. For your final blog of the year, we want you to reflect on your growth as a learner. Think about how you came into fifth grade.
What kind of a learner were you? What did you learn about yourself this year? How have you grown? What new goals do you have for yourself? What do you think you still are working on? Think about academic, social, and personal growth. Perhaps you learned how to focus better during a lesson. Perhaps you learned a style that suits you best. Maybe you found out that you can have a voice in class, even if you are a bit uncomfortable speaking out loud. Where has your growth been this year?
Also, think about your summer goals. What books are you dying to read? What places are you anxious to visit? Who are you looking forward to spending time with? How will all of this help you will your new goals for learning?
While working on this blog, think about the following:
1. Answer each question above.
2. Write about how you've grown and what caused this change for you. Use small moments and action, internal thinking, and dialog (AID) to expand your ideas.
3. Stay focused.
4. Keep your organization as a personal essay. Start with a thesis and supporting details. Make each paragraph an explanation of each detail.
5. Add a picture or video to enhance your blog.
6. Edit carefully for spelling, capitalization, grammar, and punctuation.
This is your last blog of the year. Make it your best.
Your rough draft for suggestions is due Monday, June 13th. Your final blog is due Friday, June 17th.