GHRA-

by teacher: Rye Alumni

Final Stock Report
Stock Market Final Report

We did this project from November to May. I learned a lot about investing in stocks. I learned that you can invest in certain companies to and you may earn a profit. Learn about how you can choose what stocks to invest in and get some advice of how you should be investing in the stock market.

The companies I selected to invest in were Apple, Ford, and Pier 1 Imports. I decided to invest in these companies because I was familiar with all of them, and I knew what they did. I chose Apple because they are always coming up with new technology, and it is well known, I also chose it because I use Apple's products. I invested in Ford because it was not a very expensive stock. I also chose it because it seemed like a larger stock and since the price was so low it seemed as if it could not go any lower and the only thing it could do would go higher. I decided to also invest in Pier 1 because it was not that expensive and I could buy many shares in that stock. I also invested in Pier 1 because everybody needs furniture and it is not candy. Furniture is a necessity.

Now since I have researched my stocks and I have watched the stock market one of the investment changes I would make to my portfolio would be not to invest in Ford. It made me lose $252.76. Ford did very poorly when I invested in it. Another change I would make would have gotten more shares in Pier 1 Imports. I made a profit of 1,214 from this stock. I also would have gotten more stocks in Apple. I only had 10 shares and I earned over $400. Those are the three changes I would make to my portfolio.

Here is some advice I would give to people who are interested in investing in the stock market. I would tell them to learn about the company that you are going to invest in. You should be familiar with the company. To learn about the company look at its profile. Look to see how many employees they have, and look at the companies summary. See what they distribute and produce. A question you can ask is do you use any of their products? Another question is, is this company well known? Another thing you should look at is the companies graph showing the stock's progress in the last year. You should try to predict whats going to happen with the stock next. That is the advice I would give to somebody interested in investing in the stock market.

The three companies I chose to invest in, Apple, Ford, and Pier 1. Those were some changes I would make to my portfolio, and some advice I would give to other people who are interested in investing in the stock market.