Copyright (c) 2014 by Dean Meyer Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Dean Meyer -- Blogmeister

Meyer Island Tribal Talk-

The Meyer Island 5th Grade Blog

by Dean Meyer

Hunger Games Day 11 CH 21-22

1.) Describe the gathering at the cornucopia.  Was the risk worth the reward for Katniss?  What did she do to Peeta to keep him from coming?

2.) Describe the incident with Clove and Thresh.  What was surprising about this?  Why did Thresh do what he did?  

3.)Does this change your opinion of him since his interview before the games started?  Why or why not?

4.) Describe a time when someone did you a favor.  How did you feel owing someone?

5.) Katniss and Peeta’s relationship takes a turn.  Describe how Peeta and Katniss’s relationship mirrors that of their parents?

Article posted May 10, 2011 at 10:57 AM • comment (3) • Reads 76 • Return to Blog List

Hunger Games Day 11 CH 21-22

1.) Describe the gathering at the cornucopia. Was the risk worth the reward for Katniss? What did she do to Peeta to keep him from coming?
To me, it was worth getting cut in the head. She knocked him out with a drug from Haymitch.

2.) Describe the incident with Clove and Thresh. What was surprising about this? Why did Thresh do what he did?
Thresh saw Clove kiulling Katniss, so he killed Clove and let go Katniss because the way she helped Rue.

3.)Does this change your opinion of him since his interview before the games started? Why or why not?
Well kind of, because he let her go, and he;s way bigger, and healthier.

4.) Describe a time when someone did you a favor. How did you feel owing someone?
One time, I was about to step on a mouse trap, and my grandma moved me out of the way. I felt okay, because there were alot of things she needs help with that I can do.

5.) Katniss and Peeta’s relationship takes a turn. Describe how Peeta and Katniss’s relationship mirrors that of their parents?
Well, Peeta said that his dad was in love with her mother, but thought she was taken, ditto for Peeta but for Katniss.
Posted May 10, 2011 at 08:19 PM by • homedog101

Clove was pinning Katniss about to kill her when Thresh picked Clove up and took a rock and smashed her skull in. After he killed her He didn’t try to kill Katniss and he just let her survive, He did this because Katniss killed the boy who killed rue, sang to her before she died &, She lined her in flowers.

Yes. I though he would be the kind of guy who would turn into a canable but he was forgiving to Katniss.

My friend took me to cedar point because he picked me to come and I felt like I owed him a lot of money because it was a big trip and they payed for everything.

His dad liked Katniss’s mom, And Peeta liked Katniss from the 1st day of school.
Posted May 10, 2011 at 04:22 PM by • Mr. Chickenwing
Foxface ran up, grabbed her backpack and ran away, it made Katniss run up but she had an encounter with Clove, but before Clove cut her up Thresh saved her allowing her to save Peeta.

Thresh grabbed Clove and threw her to the ground, then he smashed her temple with a big rock. I didn’t think Thresh would save Katniss like that, he did it because he wanted to repay Katniss for what she did to Rue.

Yes, he seems more sensitive because he saved Katniss.

My mom put my clothes away, because she knew that I hate putting my clothes away, it feels like my gut is always pulling me.

Peeta is acting just like Katnisses dad used to, and Katniss is acting like her mom.
Posted May 10, 2011 at 03:32 PM by • football-hero

09-10
'11-'12 Meyerisland
08-09
2010 - 2011