Copyright (c) 2014 by Brian Crosby Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Brian Crosby -- Blogmeister

Collaborative Class Blog-

Mr. Crosby's Class

We are a 6th grade class that is piloting a 1:1 laptop program using MacBook computers. We blog, Skype, make Wiki pages, produce digital videos, podcasts and vidcasts.

by Brian Crosby

Our Class Wiki Page
Our "Animal Ark Wiki Page Project"
Our "Inclusion" Video
Blogs We Read
Mighty Writers - 3rd Grade Seattle, Washington, USA
Tell The Raven - 6th Grade - Alaska
Denton Dynamos Discussions - Long Island, New York

We are sending up a high altitude balloon 100,000 feet. We are going to attach a green balloon, a blue balloon, an orange balloon and a Cheetos bag on our payloads. The orange one is full of air, the blue one is half full, and the green party balloon is filled about ¼ of the way with air. We are also attaching a Cheetos bag - snack size on the top of the payload. Next, we will send the payload up over 100,000 feet on a high altitude balloon. What do you think will happen to the balloons and chip bag? Leave a comment on this post or one of the student posts telling what you think will happen to each balloon and the chip bag. What effect will going up almost 20 miles high have? We will post photos later to show what happened. LEAVE YOUR ANSWER (HYPOTHESIS) by clicking on the "ADD A COMMENT" tab after the photos below.

Article posted May 4, 2011 at 07:06 PM • comment (12) • Reads 1087 • Return to Blog List

Hi Malu - Always good to hear from you. Hope things are going well.
Posted January 29, 2012 at 10:39 AM by • Mr. Crosby
Hi it is Malu I just stop and came to say Happy New Year and I hope to see you all again good by have a happy new year.
Posted January 13, 2012 at 07:56 PM by • malu
Happy new year Mr.Crosby!
I forgot my violin in the classroom and was wondering if you can open the classroom on Thursday the 5Th or Friday the 6Th so I can get my violin. But if you can't can you keep my violin in a good spot?

From your student Ray
Posted January 4, 2012 at 02:42 PM by • Ray
I would think that the orange balloon would pop first, the blue second, and the green third. I think that the Cheetos bag would be fine. How did this experiment turn out. It seems REALLY cool!
Posted December 23, 2011 at 07:04 AM by • Jake W
Good job MR.Crosby.
Posted October 3, 2011 at 04:45 PM by • HUGO
hi mr c it is isabella and i am going to a diffrent scool kathlen dunn and wanted to say that i am going to miss angus risley and thx for being a great teacher and thx alyssa and joclyon also hugo for being great firendsand dessirie
Posted August 13, 2011 at 12:42 PM by • isabella
hi mr.crosby it is isabella and i may or may not be coming back to scool because i am moving and dont know wear
Posted July 24, 2011 at 01:23 PM by • isabela
hi i am arsh i just went to the rock river the river is over flowing so there were rescure there said dont sim and the said there were people there swinking in the water and they save them.
Posted June 16, 2011 at 11:29 PM by • ARSH
I think It will go into space and astronaughts will find it and eat the cheetos.
Posted May 31, 2011 at 07:19 PM by • Mateo
u guys are so lucky man i wish i could go to the astronat with u guys
Posted May 25, 2011 at 05:56 PM by • staphon
I believe the orange and blue balloon will be popped, and the green balloon is elastic enough to not pop because you have so little air. The Cheetos bag is sealed, so it will pop as well. The bag is definitely NOT elastic!
Posted May 6, 2011 at 07:40 AM by • Glenn
Ten out twenty kids in our second grade class think the orange balloon will pop, and the blue ballon will get a hole in it and the green balloon will stay. We think nothing will happen to the Cheeto bag.
Posted May 5, 2011 at 11:53 AM by • The Brainwaves

A) Mr. Crosby's Current Class
Mr. Crosby's Alumni Bloggers

We are a 6th grade class that is piloting a 1:1 laptop program using MacBook computers. We blog, Skype, make Wiki pages, produce digital videos, podcasts and vidcasts. In short - we are a Collaborative Class. Locations of visitors to this page