Copyright (c) 2014 by Dean Meyer Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Dean Meyer -- Blogmeister

Meyer Island Tribal Talk-

The Meyer Island 5th Grade Blog

by Dean Meyer

No Links added yet!

Hunger Games Day 6 Ch 11-12

1.) How would you play the game, defensive or offensive?  

2.)  Why? What (item) would you risk everything in order to get?  Would you have followed Haymitch's advice? -explain.

3.) What does Haymitch mean when he says, "It's all a big show. It's all how you're perceived."

4.) Why do they need to impress sponsors and what are those sponsors looking for when they are watching the Games?

5.) Why does Katniss ignore Haymitch's advice to head directly away from the Cornucopia?

6.) Did she do the right thing to fight for equipment?

7.) What are the most important skills she has for staying alive?

Article posted April 29, 2011 at 11:44 AM • comment (3) • Reads 41 • Return to Blog List

Hunger Games Day 6 Ch 11-12

Defensive. I would just run and Hide so no one would kill me. Then I would just wait for there to be very little people and then I would attack.

2.) Why? What (item) would you risk everything in order to get? Would you have followed Haymitch's advice? -explain.

No, I would not have listen to Haymicth and I Would go for the bows and arrows, Then AI would run to the woods and hide and only use the wepon if someone notices me, So To stay I Would just Pull an all nighter and get as far away from the people as possible.

It’s like a game show and your perceived by The way you act: Mad, Weak, Though…?

If you have sponsors They are aloud to Send stuff to help you survive like water (ect)… To get sponsors you need a good personality Mad, Though, Weak… And how you dress (Girl on fire.) And You need a good score in testing like an 11.

She saw the bows and arrows and knew she would need them to survive and hunt the other tributes.

Yes. I think the fight over it was good because out of it she got Got the water filter to clean the water And she got a useful sleeping bag.

She used to hunt at district 12 So she knows how to set a trap, be quiet and kill.
Posted May 1, 2011 at 08:16 PM by • Mr. Chickenwing
Hunger Games Day 6 Ch 11-12
1.) How would you play the game, defensive or offensive? Why?
Defensive. If you go running out trying to kill someone, you're going to get killed.

2.) What (item) would you risk everything in order to get? Would you have followed Haymitch's advice? -explain.
I would risk my life to get water. Well, Haymitch is a smart guy, yes. I'd follow his advice. If you don't have water and you're camping out, you'll die.

He means that it's all about how "good" you look on T.V..

4.) Why do they need to impress sponsors and what are those sponsors looking for when they are watching you?
They are looking for skill. If you get a sponser, they can help you in the games. They are looking for skill, and brains.

Because she's nervous, she thinks she is'nt that good, and would get killed.

I think so. She camped, wich lead her to still being alive.

Not, ggoing out and getting killed. She is good with a bow, and she's okay with a knife.

Posted May 1, 2011 at 04:29 PM by • homedog101
I would play the games defensive, because I could hide and defend while everyone killed each other.

I would have went to try and get a weapon so I could defend myself.

You need to entertain the people who are watching the games.

You need sponsors to send you supplies, they are looking for someone who can win the games.

She wanted the bow, but she didn’t make it so she went for the backpack for more supplies to live off of.

I think she did because she got a lot of good things.

She can use her knife and her hunting skills for all of the food she needs.
Posted April 30, 2011 at 08:14 PM by • football-hero

09-10
'11-'12 Meyerisland
08-09
2010 - 2011