The purpose of this project was to learn about roller coasters. Newton's three laws of physics are :

1. An object in motion stays in motion, and an object at rest stays at rest unless a force acts on it.

2. The acceleration of an object depends on the mass of the object, and the size of the net force applied.

3. For every action there is a reaction. 

In my group we made a roller coaster named " The Rabid Coaster." We called it "rabid" because once you come down the hill you went in a loop. In our group I was the historian, and I learned that the tallest roller coaster is in Jackson, New Jersey. OK was the design engineer and she learned that the first roller coasters were in Russia, and they were built of wood. DR was the physicist, and she learned the difference between kinetic, and potential energy. 

Our roller coaster was a success because once it came down the first hill it had enough energy to go around the loop. It also didn't have too much energy that it crashed. I would not do anything to change our coaster.

Click here to find more information on roller coasters.

Image Source

The image is by: Jamer Broad

s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/02/10/94/2109431_885e90de.jpg

Article posted April 5, 2011 at 09:51 AM • comment (1) • Reads 47 • Return to Blog List

Happy Birthday JD!
Posted June 5, 2011 at 01:05 PM by • FB
Posted June 5, 2011 at 01:05 PM by • FB