Today I am here to tell you about roller coasters! This year in science we do a roller coaster project in which we have to learn the physics and the way coasters are built. We learned Newton's 3 Laws of Motion which say:   1- An object at rest will stay at rest and an object in motion will stay in motion unless an outside  force acts upon it.        2-The acceleration of an object depends on the mass of the object and the size of the net force applied.              3-that for every action (force) in nature there is an equal and opposite reaction.

In my group we made a roller coaster named the "Blurple Extreme" It was black and purple hence the name Blurple. Our coaster had 2 hills in the beginning, then 2 loops,and then straight, then it went up hill. In my group I was the historian. I found out lawsuits, the highest coaster, the fastest, etc.  I learned that a girl got her feet cut off at 6 flags adventure and that the largest and fastest is King Da Kah. The physicist learned about acceleration, and kinetic energy. The engineer learned about inertia and momentum.

The outcome of our roller coaster was that it worked!!! It looked awesome!!! The only thing I would of change would be that I would have made a bigger hill and 3 loops and a hill up to end. But after that it was the best roller coaster I have ever made. Ha it's the only roller coaster I'll ever make.

To make your own coaster click here.

IMAGE SOURCE

POSTED BY:PAUL ALLISON, THE BIG ONE

s0.geograph.org.uk/photos/00/10/001096_4ef97d9d.jpg

The Big One !

People actually ride this rollercoaster for fun !!

It towers over everything for miles apart from Blackpool tower itself. This is the initial drop at the very south end of the park.

Article posted April 5, 2011 at 09:42 AM • comment (1) • Reads 141 • see all articles