Copyright (c) 2014 by AA Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
AA -- Blogmeister

5A

by AA

teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5 (2010-2011)

My class and I were learning about the circulatory system, which is system is a system that is in your body and your heart and lungs are a part of it, so we dissected them, and let me tell you, it’s not disgusting.

First, Miss Salem came to our class to show us how to dissect the heart, she showed us how to cut open the heart very carefully and let us touch the inside and put our finger in the aorta (I have to tell you it felt like pasta)! She also cut open the lungs and showed us where the oxygen comes in.  After Miss Salem left, we got to dissect the heart ourselves!

It was so fun! Did you know the heart has 4 chambers (I knew that already)? We got to see the valves, septum, arteries, and the cordettas. If you pull on one it makes a noise like “TING!” The only thing I didn’t like was the de-oxygenated blood, it was dark blue and would stick together and it was so gooey!

Dissecting the heart was fun, I wish we could do it again, but we weren’t playing around, we were learning while having fun! For once, learning was fun.

Article posted April 1, 2011 at 05:57 AM • comment • Reads 70 • Return to Blog List