Copyright (c) 2014 by Dale Witte Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Dale Witte -- Blogmeister

Mr. Witte's Music Technology Blog-

Music Tech Lab, Rm. 155

This class is for high school students at Winnebago Lutheran Academy who want to learn how to make music on computers. We use Audacity and Garageband as our main tools, and we have fun almost every single day figuring out how to make music using audio and MIDI, but we also learn how to record vocals and instruments and even play guitar and drums if we need to.

We keep personal blogs (look on the right column of this page and click on our names) to help us remember what we've been working on, keep track of the all the decisions that we've made on our projects, and to share with our family and friends the music that we've created.

NEW 2013-2014 We're moving our blogs to Google's Blogger since WLA is using Google Apps for Education. Click here for Mr. Witte's new Music Tech blog. Click on the student names in the right hand column below to find links to their Google blogs for Music Tech and to see and hear what they've been working on in class.

by Dale Witte

Winnebago Lutheran Academy
Bible
Composing My Thoughts
Ricci Adams' musictheory.net
Free manuscript paper
Audacity
The Orchestra: A User's Manual
Guitar Tuner
Guitar Chordbook
Guitar Chords Magic
Hand in Project Files Here
MIDI Hymn Project Evaluation Form
Wikispaces
Music Tech files
Cambridge Music Technology
Garageband '11 101: Core Garageband Video Tutorials
MIDI Demystified Video Tutorials
Core iMovie '11 Video Tutorial

It's time to pick a pastor or teacher at WLA and get our hymns "out there" and used in chapel. Below is the schedule of performance. Students, your job is too talk to these pastors and teachers TODAY (March 28) and report back to class TOMORROW (Block 8) and WEDNESDAY (Block 3) if they accepted your hymn suggestion, or if they would like to have you program a different hymn. Remember, it is their choice if your hymn fits their chapel message or not. By showing them what you can do, you might be able to "sell yourself" and your musical abilites to them and have them put their trust in you to deliver a good product for their chapel service.

Block 8

Andrew Seibel - Pastor Boggs (May 2 or 3 M/T) - CW 152 Alleluia, Jesus Lives CW 395 Now the Light Has Gone Away
Mike Rosenfeldt - Pastor Wright (May 17 T) CW 363 The King of Glory Comes
Alex Seibel - Mr. Randy Westphal (May 9 M) - CW 384 By Grace I'm Saved
Kelci Henning - Pastor Haag (May 23 or 24 M/T) - CW 446 I Am Trusting You Lord Jesus
Jake Herre - Pastor Kuske (April 29 F) Moonlight Sonata - Offering?
Robin Yoon - Mr. Randy Westphal (May 10 T) - CW 195 Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty
Aaron Yoon - Pastor Wright (May 16 M) CW 483 Lord of All Good
Aaron Calkins - Mr. Strusz (April 13 or 14 W/Th) - CW 111 Sweet the Moments, Rich in Blessing CW 619 God Bless Our Native Land
John Kammueller - Mr. Bilitz (May 11 or 12) CW 376 Jesus, Your Blood and RighteousnessCW 474 Stand Up, Stand Up For Jesus
Ben Cook - Pastor Haag (April 12 T) CW 465 Jesus, I My Cross Have Taken CW 529 Built on the Rock

Block 3

Aaron Eagan - Mr. Kerr (May 19 T) CW 170 Draw Us to Thee
Scott Pamperin - Mr. Riley Westphal (May 4 or 5 W/Th) Spread, O Spread the Mighty WordCW 54 Where Shepherds Lately Knelt
Kyle Mildebrandt -Mr. Doerr (May 13 F) The King of Love My Shepherd Is (arr. Dan Forrest, offering) CWS 752 In Christ Alone (arr. Angermann) Jesus, Shepherd of the Sheep
Lucas Callies - Pastor Mose (April 1) CW 451 Precious Lord, Take My Hand and Praise to the Lord, the Almighty
Kimberly Enderle - Pastor Kuske (April 29 F) CW 214 Jerusalem the Golden Paul Pacetti, marimba (preservice); Worship Ensemble, Great Is the Lord (offering)
Amanda Bechler - Pastor Boggs (May 2 M) CW 166 The Day of Resurrection CW 382 My Hope Is Built on Nothing Less

Article posted March 28, 2011 at 09:19 AM • comment • Reads 113 • see all articles

Block 3, Sem 1 13-14
Block 3, Sem 2 13-14
Block 8, Sem 1 13-14
Block 8, Sem 2 13-14

Dale Witte is the choir director and music technology teacher at Winnebago Lutheran Academy, Fond du Lac, WI. He has been teaching since January 1990 and really enjoys teaching students how God's gift of music works. Dale is also a church organist, piano player, violinist, and church music composer. Locations of visitors to this page