TennisChamp

Welcome to our 4th grade class! We love receiving comments. Please, if you wish to comment, leave a URL or e-mail address so we can respond back to you.

teacher: Denton Dynamos

My Poconos Trip

Me and my family went to Poconos for the weekend and it was a blast! We went ice skating, to the pool, the arcade and went sight seeing!  Our family wasn’t the only family that was there. There was a family friend of my dad’s. Not a lot of people know of the place but it’s called Skytop Lodge. The place is on a mountain and it breath taking!

My favorite thing, me and my friend did was ice skating. We weren’t that good and wouldn’t take our hands off the wall! After a while we got the hang of it and were ice walking, not ice skating. We weren’t good enough to ice skate. We fell very often, but that’s how you learn, right? Ice skating can be a tough sport, trust me, I know. There wasn’t just ice skating, there was a lounge that where you could drink hot cocoa. Sometimes it doesn't take a long time to learn hot to ice skate but for me and  my friend it takes forever. I really enjoyed ice skating!

I loved going to the arcade with my friends. We played ping pong, Dance Dance Revolution, Pac Man, racing, mini golf and me and my friend even took pictures in the photo booth! The best part was that we were by our self! Of course our parents were near but just not with us. We spent half the trip in the arcade playing. Our parents had given us the money and we converted that money into change. The point is that we had the best time ever!

The last thing I did in Poconos was going to the pool. I LOVE going to the pool! Whenever I go to a hotel or resort, I always go to the pool! Me and my friend went to the pool five times in a three day trip. The pool in the hotel was HUGE! It went to 9 and a half feet! I never went to a pool that went that long. I swam up to seven feet, and was to scared to go in 9 feet while my friend was in 5 feet. I made laps but didn’t go to the end. I had a friend that was younger than me. She was about 6 years old. We were teaching her how to swim. That was really fun because I never taught anyone how to swim.

Going to Poconos and doing all the activities, was a real experience. I was having the best time of my life. I look forward going there again.
Article posted March 11, 2011 at 06:50 PM • comment (8) • Reads 42 • Return to Blog List

This sounds like a great trip! I've never been to the Poconos. Based on your description, though, I'll be adding the area to my "places I need to visit" list.
Posted March 12, 2011 at 05:46 AM by • MC
You did a great job describing your trip. It really sounds like a fun place to visit. I hope you get a chance to go back there again.
Posted March 11, 2011 at 08:52 PM by • Joe Fromme
I am amazed at everything you did while in the Poconos. How cold was the water in the swimming pool? You must be a pretty good swimmer.
Posted March 11, 2011 at 07:56 PM by • Pam Moran
I sometimes think that the only good reason to go ice skating is the Hot chocolate that you enjoy after the wall hugging session is over. It is fun though isn't it? I haven't been to the Poconos in a long time,but your blog post reminded me of all the fun to be had. Great post. Keep blogging! @yourkidsteacher
Posted March 11, 2011 at 07:55 PM by • Eric Johnson
What a wonderful description of your trip to the Poconos. I do love the mountains and wish I could have been there with you! It really sounds like this is some place where you'd like to go again.
Posted March 11, 2011 at 07:44 PM by • lynchem
I love your description of "ice walking!" I can picture it in my head. Sounds like you had a great time.
Posted March 11, 2011 at 07:31 PM by • Mrs. Barlow
Sounds like a great March break! It's great that you got to help teacher your friend to swim , I bet she appreciated it! Skytop lodges sounds like an amazing place to visit!
Posted March 11, 2011 at 07:15 PM by • Mr.F
I had a great time visiting your class last week! Start looking for posts from my students answering the questions you asked. Skytop Lodge sounds like a great place to visit and it sounds like you had a fun time. Hope to see you soon when we Skype your class again. Bye for now,
Mr. Crosby
Posted March 11, 2011 at 07:15 PM by • Mr. Crosby