Copyright (c) 2014 by Rob Jacklin Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Rob Jacklin -- Blogmeister

Mr. Jacklin's Class Blogs

Ideas, thoughts, creative writings, or classroom Meanderings!

by Rob Jacklin

St. John Wikispaces
Blog Tag Generator
Mr. Jacklin's Professional Blog
Mrs. Slaven's Class Blogs
Mrs. Rumsey's 3rd Grade
Creative Writing Prompts

Mr. Luehmann shared with me that you were studying bacteria and viruses in science class. There are a lot of different ways to show what you've been learning, but I'd like to challenge your searching and evaluation skills a little. We will be working on a short project over the next three class periods.

1. Using the "filetype:" search option in Google, find PowerPoint files posted on the Internet that teach or present informaiton about bacteria and viruses.

2. Actively find, view, and evaluate a minimum of three presentations.

3. Compare, contast, and evaluate the presentation slides to determine which presentation in your opinion is the best presentation for helping someone to learn the basics about bacteria and viruses.

4. Write a blog article linking to the presentation you thought was the best, while including a summary of your comparing, contrasting, and thinking behind why you chose the presentation you did.

5. Things you will want to include in your article: a link to the presentation and some type of image reflecting the topic of the article.

Note: I'm not requiring a Venn Diagram or other graphic organizer for taking notes. Comparing, contrasting, and evaluating are pretty "brain-heavy" activities and you'll remember what you've done later better if you've taken SOME type of notes. It is up to you to decide which note-taking strategy works best for you.

Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Before requesting publishing on the article, in the drop down menu marked "Assignments," please choose "Bacteria Blog."

Image: "bacteria" by cesarharada.com. Used under a Creative Commmons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License

Article posted March 9, 2011 at 08:44 PM • comment • Reads 728 • Return to Blog List

5th Grade
6th Grade
7th Grade

It is a joy to be a teacher and technology coordinator. I love the marriage of the two and the beautiful music that they make. I have been teaching for 10 years, with this my 1st year at St. John. I am blessed to have a lovely wife, Jennifer and two daughters, Rachel and Sarah. Locations of visitors to this page