Copyright (c) 2014 by Calebsture Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Calebsture -- Blogmeister

Ideas, thoughts, creative writings, or classroom Meanderings!

by Calebsture teacher: Rob Jacklin

Comparing and Contrasting PowerPoints

Mr. Luehmann shared with me that you were studying bacteria and viruses in science class. There are a lot of different ways to show what you've been learning, but I'd like to challenge your searching and evaluation skills a little. We will be working on a short project over the next three class periods.

1. Using the "filetype:" search option in Google, find PowerPoint files posted on the Internet that teach or present informaiton about bacteria and viruses.

2. Actively find, view, and evaluate a minimum of three presentations.

3. Compare, contast, and evaluate the presentation slides to determine which presentation in your opinion is the best presentation for helping someone to learn the basics about bacteria and viruses.

4. Write a blog article linking to the presentation you thought was the best, while including a summary of your comparing, contrasting, and thinking behind why you chose the presentation you did.

5. Things you will want to include in your article: a link to the presentation and some type of image reflecting the topic of the article.

Note: I'm not requiring a Venn Diagram or other graphic organizer for taking notes. Comparing, contrasting, and evaluating are pretty "brain-heavy" activities and you'll remember what you've done later better if you've taken SOME type of notes. It is up to you to decide which note-taking strategy works best for you.

Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Before requesting publishing on the article, in the drop down menu marked "Assignments," please choose "Bacteria Blog."

Image: "bacteria" by cesarharada.com. Used under a Creative Commmons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License

Article posted March 9, 2011 at 08:44 PM • comment • Reads 552 • Return to Blog List

Favorite animal 04/06/11
Chicago 03/16/11
chapel songs 03/09/11
my opinion 03/02/11
My Favorite Food 03/01/11
My Week 02/18/11
Puppies 01/28/11