Copyright (c) 2014 by LF Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
LF -- Blogmeister

5B 2010-2011

5B

by LF

teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5 (2010-2011)

Some of the characteristic traits I would like to find in a friend are loyalty and respect. I would like a friend who is loyal to me because a true friend is honest and does not talk about you behind your back. A loyal friend would always tell the truth and not be afraid to do so. A respectful friend should accept the way you and their selves differ from each other, such as the way you think. A respectful friend accepts you the way you are, ‘Happiness can exist only in acceptance’.

A true friend is always there for you for example, when you are sick, they would call to ask about you, or if you are sad, joke with you to cheer you up. A true friend should always be empathetic, try to give you advice or just tell you what they would do if they were in your situation, ‘A friend’s advice is a lesson in life’.

They should also have a positive attitude towards anything. For example, if you feel discouraged or put down, they will tell you the positive side of things. Friends should also be generous, and share when you are in need of something important. For example, at ACS when a student forgets or loser his or her lunchbox, everyone gives them a bit of food, ‘Sharing is caring’.

A respectable friend should also be able to apologize and forgive. I do not think giving up a really good friendship should be broken because of a silly argument or fight. Whoever had the fight should talk to each other and find a solution to their problem, forgive, and apologize each other, ‘When friends have a fight and they reunite, the relationship is stronger’.

Most importantly, a true friend should not be possessive. I would definitely not be friends with a person who is possessive. This would keep me from having any other friends and probably make me an unsociable person like them. A group of friends is nice but as the saying goes, ‘Two is company, but three is a crowd’.
Article posted February 11, 2011 at 09:28 AM • comment (1) • Reads 72 • Return to Blog List

When I read this, I was amazed. You write so well for some one in 5th grade! I can see you as a future writer. Keep up the good work!!
Posted February 25, 2011 at 06:46 AM by • NB