GSMA

Previous to the storm:

A roaring fire inside the cozy cottage. The wind howling outside with flakes just starting to fall. I go and check the thermometer: 10 degrees. This storm seems as if it is coming on fast. I check the fridge to see if we have a lot of food, just in case we get snowed in. I walk to the computer and type www.weatherchannel.com into the URL bar. I check the weather for Rye, NH. As I check it, I think to myself, wow, I can't remember the last time that we got this much snow. We were supposed to get 2 feet. This storm was going to be brutal.

The storm

With one thousand flakes falling down by the second, I know that I won't be able to go anywhere for a while. I go outside to my driveway, and see over one foot of snow. Wow! It has only been two hours. I can't believe how much snow we have gotten. I walk back inside, and realize that I should probably shovel the driveway. I get out the shovel, and take a bit of snow, little by little, until I finally get the whole driveway. I walk back inside, make myself a cup of hot chocolate, and sit on the couch. I then realize that I will have to shovel the driveway again very soon.

After the storm

When it stops snowing, I go outside to check out the scene. I see all of my neighbors outside with their snow shovels. Everybody is now out of their cozy homes, and out In their driveways, ready to get rid of the snow. Snow can be a bad thing, because it is very dangerous to drive, and it is a pain to shovel and get out of the way. Then again, it is fun to sled on.

Previous to the storm:

The storm

After the storm

Article posted February 8, 2011 at 10:03 AM • comment • Reads 67 • Return to Blog List