The Girl Who Spelled Freedom

Our class has recently watched The Girl Who Spelled Freedom, which has many themes, but I believe fear to be the most prominent among them. I have three reasons to support this theme. Firstly, in Cambodia, Linn's family are terrified for their lives. My second reason is that Prissy, the wife and mother of the Tenessee family who are taking in the Cambodian family, is not good with children and is worried about having six other children in addition to her own child, Laura, to take care of. Lastly, I believe that Linn was very worried and scared that she wouldn't do very well in the spelling be and would be punished if she didn't win. This is why she always stumbled trying to spell 'acronym.' Now I think you'll agree that fear is most definently an important theme.

Article posted January 25, 2011 at 07:42 AM • comment (2) • Reads 32 • Return to Blog List

Great job supporting your theme, but i don't think the point of the movie was to make you think it was about fear.
Posted January 28, 2011 at 11:43 AM by • MB
Really well written blog and great theme, but you might want to try to use other transitions other than first second and last.
Posted January 25, 2011 at 07:57 AM by • MM