Copyright (c) 2014 by Mr. Edwards Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mr. Edwards -- Blogmeister

by Mr. Edwards

Mrs. Cassidy's First grade class
Mrs. Schulman's Blog
Mrs. Decker's 2nd grade blog
Mr. Edwards' Website
Mrs. Hyde's room 16 learners - NZ
Mrs. Kenyon's The View from 3rd Grade - IL
Mrs. Bonsor 2nd grade class blog - NZ
Miss T's Classroom Blog - NZ
Mr. Scattergood's 5th grade Class - WA
Mrs. Lowes Area 11 Bloggers, Australia
Mrs. B's 5th grade - Lebanon
Mrs. B's 5th grade - Lebanon
Mrs. V and Room 21 - Otonga School, Rotorua, NZ
Mr. E's delicious tags
Mr. Sumner Year 4 - Brookburn, ManchesterUK
Spring 2011 Progressive Story
NB Moodle

Our class was busy this shortened week. Math class was consumed by multiplication. We look at patterns when multiplying by tens, hundreds, thousands...We also learned how to use all-partial strategy to solve multiplication problems, but found compact math still the best way to solve a problem. We did a lot of research and reading on the 13 American colonies. We finished talking about Jamestown and moved on to researching the 13 colonies. Students researched basic facts about their colony and created a Google earth over lay. The overlay can be found below. We also worked on the comprehension strategy of predicting. Students made predictions, revised them and then rejected or confirmed them in various types of articles/stories. Finally re revised the topic of stranger danger and refreshed our understandings of what to do. It was a good week over all and hopefully a great weekend with a BEARS WIN!!

2009-2010
2010-2011
2012-2013
2013-2014

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
Wordle: Our Blog