Copyright (c) 2014 by A Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
A -- Blogmeister

Abhi's Blog

2010-2011

We are an intermediate classroom in an elementary school in British Columbia, Canada. We use our blogs as a place to practise expressing our ideas in writing (and maybe even sound, pictures & video when we're ready). We try to leave thoughtful comments for classmates & other bloggers we visit. Comments help us critique our ideas and our writing. They also motivate us to do more thinking, writing, sharing & revising. You can leave your thoughts on any particular article by clicking "comment" below it. Comments will be published after I have had a chance to read them.

by A

teacher: Derek Milloy

For the past 9 weeks we learned about D.A.R.E, Drug Abuse Resistance Education. Here is a poem about D.A.R.E.

We gather today,
To celebrate accomplishments told, untold,
A happy occasion for both young and old,
But there is another way this poem can unfold.
People are smoking, I’m not joking,
What do they gain from this shameful game?
It a’int much fun when the sun goes down,
For this can lead, to a frown.
So be smart, don’t put smokes in your shopping cart,
Wear a big smile, for that will take you a mile.
Thanks for reading, Peace! :)
Article posted December 15, 2010 at 10:04 PM • comment (4) • Reads 69 • Return to Blog List

This poem is a fun and a interesting way of teaching people how to resist drugs. IT ALSO HAS SOME COOL RYMING WORDS
:D
Posted April 7, 2011 at 04:12 PM by • Aleena
Hello Abhi, I think this is a great poem. It has meanigful words, its got rythym and it teaches us all a lesson.
Posted March 30, 2011 at 10:12 PM by • Sukhmeen
I loved this very original and creative way of telling about your DARE experience. Nice job!!!
Posted March 3, 2011 at 08:49 PM by • heather
Dear Abhi,
Thx 4 teaching people a lesson.I mean people can understand this as a good reminder to never take drugs.
Posted January 4, 2011 at 09:01 PM by • feve

I like hockey, basketball, and soccer