You can enter the text of your blog here!
· The heart has four chambers, the left and right atrium and the left and right ventricle.
· Deoxygenated blood –dirty blood.
· Oxygenated blood-rich blood.
· The left atrium receives oxygenated blood from the lungs through the pulmonary vein.
· The left atrium contracts causing the mitral valve to open sending the blood to the left ventricle.
· The left ventricle contracts sending the blood all over the body through the aorta.
· The aorta is the largest artery in our body.
· The Septum is a thick muscle that separates the right chamber from the left chamber.
· The right atrium receives deoxygenated blood from the body through the Superior and Inferior Vena Cava
· The right atrium contracts causing the tricuspid valve to open sending the blood to the right ventricle.
· The right ventricle contracts sending the blood to the lungs through the Pulmonary artery so you could exhale it.
· The dietitian informed us to eat fish because it has omega 3.
· Veins carry deoxygenated blood.
· Arteries carry oxygenated blood.
· The esophagus carries food.
· The windpipe/Trachea carries O2.
· The heart is the only muscle that never stops working.
· The different chambers work simultaneously in the heart.
· Fiber stops your arteries from clogging.
· Exercising brings up your HDL that burns your LDL.
· There are three different types of blood vessels, arteries, capillaries, and veins.
· We could have half a chocolate bar every day, and not on a daily basis.
· The left ventricle is the strongest chamber in your heart.
· Capillaries connect arteries and veins.
· Platelets clog your cuts so you don’t bleed to death.