Copyright (c) 2014 by NA Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
NA -- Blogmeister

THE COOK

5C

by NA

teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5 (2010-2011)

You can enter the text of your blog here!

·         The heart has four chambers, the left and right atrium and the left and right ventricle.

·         Deoxygenated blood –dirty blood.

·         Oxygenated blood-rich blood.

·         The left atrium receives oxygenated blood from the lungs through the pulmonary vein.

·         The left atrium contracts causing the mitral valve to open sending the blood to the left ventricle.

·         The left ventricle contracts sending the blood all over the body through the aorta.

·         The aorta is the largest artery in our body.

·         The Septum is a thick muscle that separates the right chamber from the left chamber.

·         The right atrium receives deoxygenated blood from the body through the Superior and Inferior Vena Cava

·         The right atrium contracts causing the tricuspid valve to open sending the blood to the right ventricle. 

·         The right ventricle contracts sending the blood to the lungs through the Pulmonary artery so you could exhale it.

·         The dietitian informed us to eat fish because it has omega 3.

·         Veins carry deoxygenated blood.

·         Arteries carry oxygenated blood.

·           The esophagus carries food.

·         The windpipe/Trachea carries O2.

·         The heart is the only muscle that never stops working.

·         The different chambers work simultaneously in the heart.

·         Fiber stops your arteries from clogging.

·         Exercising brings up your HDL that burns your LDL.

·         There are three different types of blood vessels, arteries, capillaries, and veins.

·          We could have half a chocolate bar every day, and not on a daily basis.

·         The left ventricle is the strongest chamber in your heart.

·         Capillaries connect arteries and veins.

·         Platelets clog your cuts so you don’t bleed to death.

Article posted December 9, 2010 at 02:16 AM • comment • Reads 638 • Return to Blog List