Copyright (c) 2014 by AN Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
AN -- Blogmeister

Tayler Swift

5C

by AN

teacher: Mrs. B (Grade 5 - 2012-2013)

My Dad and I at the Beach

My Dad and I at the Beach

By Aya

The weather was hot, so my dad and I went swimming. When we got to Oceana, we swam in the pool and had a race against each other.

Then he said, “Let’s go down to the beach.”

I said, “But, I don’t want to go to the beach.”

My dad said, “Aya, we are going to the beach.”

The waves were very high. My dad and I ran into the sea and went deeper and deeper until we came to the high waves. Then I got scared. I was thinking, “What’s going to happen to me?” I was worried and starting to cry because it was the first time I’d been in the sea. My heart was beating quickly and I was breathing fast.

I was next to my dad and starting to get used to it. Then a huge wave came and knocked me over. It hit me two times and the second time it hit me was when I was already down. My dad came to me as fast as he could. He held me and said, “It’s OK, go and play in the sand.”

From 3C Personal Narratives2
Article posted December 2, 2010 at 07:32 AM • comment (4) • Reads 54 • Return to Blog List

Dear Aya,
I really like your story. It was a very exciting story. It reminded me when I and my parents swam in the pool and I almost drowned.
Posted December 23, 2010 at 03:48 PM by • Yun Xin Cho
I agree with you totally. I hate to swim in the sea when the waves are really high, but I think you should try it again with your dad when the sea is calm.You will love it !
Posted December 9, 2010 at 11:41 PM by • Miss Souha
I got such a powerful text to self connection with your story. It reminded me of the time I was in the Atlantic Ocean off the western coast of France. This area is well know for surfing and on this particular day the waves were really strong. I had never experienced the power of the ocean before and I went in too deep. The next thing I knew I was pinned to the bottom of the ocean floor unable to get back up again. It was a very frightening 2-3 minutes. I have always had a great respect for the sea after that day.
Posted December 9, 2010 at 12:18 AM by • Mrs. K
I think the sea can be scary, but if you're careful, it can be wonderfully fun. When I was young, we had a summer cottage on a lake. Lakes aren't as scary, because there aren't natural waves. We used to take our afternoon naps out on the raft; we even washed our hair in the lake.
Posted December 7, 2010 at 01:19 AM by • Mrs. B