Copyright (c) 2014 by B Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
B -- Blogmeister

smiley's blog!!

class 2014

by B

teacher: Melanie Transue

animal rights.

Being a Vegetarian….

Just a heads up right now this post is mostly about animal rights. Yeah I’m like that!

Do you have pet? I bet you love them to huh?  I consider my animal’s part of my family and the thought of other human beings slaughtering and butchering them makes me throw up in my mouth! Animals need help and we are the only ones who can help them.

We hear about addicts, and murders and other things that happen in the world and people look at that and go “oh that’s terrible!” Well it’s the same thing with animals. There are animals locked in cages that are to small for them, for days on end without food just left outside to be forgotten. Then there are dogs being forced to run treadmills as experimenters induce heart attacks in them. Why?!! Pregnant Macaques are addicted to cocaine, and chimpanzees are infected with hepatitis!!! And then when they finally do die their lifeless bodies are shipped off to satisfy your urge for a hamburger that you don’t need!!! We need to step up and do something. If we don’t then who will?!?!?!

I challenge you to be a vegetarian for a whole week and see the difference it makes in you. If you don’t like it then go back to your meat eating ways. But you should at least try.

Article posted November 17, 2010 at 09:00 AM • comment (3) • Reads 35 • Return to Blog List

I totally agree with you on all of this. Animals do have as many rights as humans do. I may be a hunter but they are limits and all pets should be taken care of as much as we take care of our selfs. I think I could try the vegetarian diet even though I'm a meat lover. I once did have a veggie burger that was great, it did taste like chicken though. Nice blog.
Posted November 29, 2010 at 06:08 PM by • Zach M
Brianne! I'm with you, I don't like how animals are being treated. I don't like animals seen being killed, or TV shows with animals being neglected. I'm a animal lover, I can't kick or hurt an animal without feeling so bad, because they don't know better! I only eat a certain kind of meat, like bacon, and chicken. I don't give a care about anything else, because killing an animal and eating it makes me sick. Sure, we needed to kill animals to stay alive, but what did they ever do to you? Animals have feelings too!
Posted November 23, 2010 at 08:36 AM by • Bonnie
Though I don't agree with some of the things that you said Brianne, I do believe that animals don't need to be treated in the way some of them are. Animals were creatures given to us by God. When he created us he tasked Adam to be the care-taker of the Earth. He told Adam to rise and name the creatures. We should take care of animals. Afraid I won't be able to go on that vegetarian diet though, it's because of meat that I have the little muscle that I do have. Haha. ^_^
Posted November 18, 2010 at 06:24 PM by • Justin C.