Copyright (c) 2014 by MM Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
MM -- Blogmeister

5A

by MM

teacher: Mrs. B (Grade 5 - 2012-2013)

Yellow Team versus Red Team

By Marwan

It was my team versus Michael’s team. It was Tuesday afternoon and we were having a soccer match. Jawad, Daniel, Aya, Rami, Karim, and Yousef were with me.

The match started with a center. They came close to the goal. I was a defender. I was thinking to myself, “Oh my gosh, maybe they’re going to score!” I was really nervous, I didn’t want to lose. So my decision was to slide tackle Michael. It was a good tackle. I got the ball and it went out.

They had a throw in. He threw the ball in and I was still nervous because it was close to the goal. Jawad was like a hero. As Michael threw the ball in, he ran in front of the person waiting and got the ball. He ran with the ball. Joseph was goalie. He was like a giant in front of the goal! Jawad went with the ball and tricked Joseph. Joseph sat on his bottom to try and save the ball but Jawad shot it to the side. It touched the post and went into the goal.

We were all cheering for him and I went and hugged him.

Article posted November 3, 2010 at 10:46 PM • comment (5) • Reads 85 • Return to Blog List

It makes the reader feel like they are in the story. Very nice writing.
Posted November 28, 2011 at 10:39 PM by • AA
As I was reading, I felt so excited as if I was a player on the team with you. Nice detailed story, Marwan.
Posted December 13, 2010 at 05:57 AM by • Miss Souha
I loved the detail you put into your story. I also like the way you praised your friend, and I know that's true because I see you doing it all the time. I also like some of the great words you used like when you said Joseph was as big as a giant.
Posted December 9, 2010 at 02:55 AM by • Mrs. K
Thanks Marwan for making me a hero!!!
Posted December 8, 2010 at 12:46 AM by • jawad
Well structured and vivid recount of a fun soccer episode..
Posted December 8, 2010 at 12:34 AM by • May Hamdan