Copyright (c) 2014 by 86 Jackie B Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
86 Jackie B -- Blogmeister

Mr. Lampus

Welcome to an exciting year of learning!

by 86 Jackie B

teacher: 6th Grade

One thing I learned in this unit was about solutions. A solution is a mixture in which particles of the solute are evenly distributed amongst particles of the solvent. Examples are sugar water, lemonade, Kool-Aid, and colored water. The second thing I learned about was elements. An element is the simplest form of matter. 2 elements are oxygen (O) and carbon (C). The last thing I learned about was compounds. A compound is two or more different elements mixed to form a substance, such as water (H2O) and carbon dioxide (CO2).

My favorite thing in this unit was the solution project, when we brought in 1 solution and 1 mixture. My least favorite thing was learning about elements. How can you tell if something is an element?