Copyright (c) 2014 by BRSA Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
BRSA -- Blogmeister

BRSA

Class of 2012-2013

by BRSA

teacher: Rye 8th Team

I sit on an old black bench on a street corner in the middle of Nantucket town. I sit up to lick my peppermint ice cream so it doesn’t melt on this warm summer day. My hand is cozy warm against the hot homemade waffle cone made by the Juice Bar. The loud sound from the Cape Cod potato chip truck against the cobblestones catches my attention. The smell of the homemade ice cream and cones haunts me even though I have one right in my hand. Then, I am pulled back to real life with a loud honk of the ferry on the dock. I look over to see whats going on. Oh, its just the same as every time, tourists running on with there bags full with Nantucket souvenirs. The town is now quieter than usual. 4th of July weekend is over, leaving the people we know and love to play with.
Article posted November 3, 2010 at 09:51 AM • comment • Reads 47 • Return to Blog List