Copyright (c) 2014 by DSER Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
DSER -- Blogmeister

DSER

Class of 2012-2013

by DSER

teacher: Rye 8th Team

Over the summer, at my lake house, I went sailing in our sail boat called the sun-fish. I was going alone for the first time and that day it happened to be very windy. I got in the sun-fish and started sailing to the middle of the lake.The wind was pushing the boat faster and faster and before i knew it i was almost on the far side of the lake. I turned and headed for the lily pads. On my way I almost capsized a few times because of the huge strong winds blowing in the sail. Luckily. i managed to right the sun-fish when it tipped because I had capsized it before.
I sailed around the lily pad area and turned back for the lake house. But the boat kept going slower and slower because I was headed up wind. The sun-fish started drifting toward the rocks, far away from my lake house. I didn't know what to do because with the strong winds, my boat would crash to the rocks in a matter of seconds.
That was when I saw the paddle hidden under a storage part of the sun-fish. I let out the sail and started frantically paddling away from the rocks. then I was able to turn my boat away from the wind and make it back to my lake house.
Article posted November 3, 2010 at 09:24 AM • comment • Reads 56 • Return to Blog List