FRDA

by teacher: Rye Alumni

Dear Dad,

For the first module in math I learned many things and this is what I learned. At the beginning of the year I learned how to interpret bar and line graphs. I also learned how to tally and create frequency tables. Then I reviewed area and volume of shapes. After that I learned how to create bar graphs using a frequency table. Next I learned how to use variables to solve number tricks which is algebra. Then I learned to model a number sentence with a word sentence, table, and a graph. I learned all this in the first half of module one.
Then in the second half of module one I learned the following. First I learned how to predict the nth term of a number sequence. Then I learned how to compute with exponents. After that I learned how to use a number from zero to one to estimate probability. Next I learned to find the experimental and theoretical probability of an event. The last thing I learned in module one was order of operations.
Out of everything I learned in module one the following were my favorite to learn because it was fun or it was really easy. My first favorite thing I learned was how to find experimental and theoretical probability of an event because in the big project we did we got to work with partners and eat a lot of candy. My second favorite thing to learn in module one was order of operations because I found it very easy. My last favorite thing to learn in module one was how to use variables to solve number tricks because the number tricks were really fun I thought.
The rest of the stuff I learned in module one I thought was boring or just didn't prefer. This is every thing I learned in module one.

Your Son,
FRDA
Article posted November 3, 2010 at 09:16 AM • comment • Reads 46 • Return to Blog List