Copyright (c) 2014 by Rye 7th Team Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Rye 7th Team -- Blogmeister

Rye JH - 7th Grade Team-

7th Grade Team

Discover what's happening in the 7th grade classes at Rye Jr. High (A Middle School) in Rye, NH, US.

by Rye 7th Team

Rye Jr. High School
Ms. Adams' Science Blog
RJH 7th Team Web Page

The icy wind slaps me in the face, blowing my hair every which way. My goggles are pressed hard against my face, and I can feel my skin starting to be indented. My hands are squeezed into fists so I don't loose feeling of them. The mountain is laied out before me, as I listen to the gentle hum of the chair lift, barely audible over the howling wind. The cushioned seat is covered by a centimeter of ice, giving me a reason to be terrified of falling off. My nose has gone totally numb, so I really can't smell anything, but I know if I did I would smell an overwhelming pine scent, mixed with the aroma of hot chocalate and cinammon rolls, which seems to want to settle over the whole Barker peak. I'm reaching the top of the mountain now, and the snow is starting to fall. The frigid whooshes of air cut through all my layers and I'm left chilled to the bone and shivering uncontrollably. The chairlift gets to the top, and a surge goes through me, erasing the cold. I am free and once I take off down the mountain all of my problems are simply blown out of my mind. My skis cut through the snow like butter, and I fly down the mountain, letting all the beauitiful snow covered pine trees fall behind me. The exhileration, the cold, and the fun : that's skiing.
In skiing I know that I am myself. I can hear myself think, and if I have troubles they evaporate when I hit the slopes. In skiing I can fly like a bird, speed like a racer (which I actually happen to be) and be as slow as a turtle. I am part of skiing, and skiing is part of me.

Current Class
Past Class

--- Moon Phase Badge___

CURRENT MOON
-- EarthCast 2014 badge3042c1a2778dc5c7e5401bf2732221ecff2da72d Earthcast11 Badge ----