Copyright (c) 2014 by LRLI Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
LRLI -- Blogmeister

LRLI

by LRLI teacher: Rye 8th Team

On October 21, 1805 was a sunny day with few clouds and a North westerly wind. On this fine day six vessels of his majesties royal navy. Sailing picture perfect with there sails rustling in the wind and the the Union Jack boldly flying high above the masts.
There Position, right off the coast of the Bahamas. The bright light blue ocean was gleaming in the sunlight. Dolphins swam up to the bow of the ship and sailors would climb up on the masts to get a great view of the magnificent creatures. At points you could see straight to the bottom covered with coral and seaweed.
"A fine day for sailing" said a tall Admiral

"Indeed sir" replied his aid, "hopefully we won't run into any problems"

"problems?" the Admiral replied in convulsion.

"Yes, problems. There has been reports of of outlaws raiding shipping in these waters recently"

"Really? My understanding was that they where dealt with a long time ago".

"Nope the ships never made it, they where used for the war against the French".

"I see, well I am sure they have sailed away by now"

"I hope so" the aid replied worryingly .

With that the conversation ended and they continued to admire the beautiful scenery that surrounded them.
The next four days would be the same type of weather, and on the fifth day it it looked like it was going to be the same way until about mid-day. At this time a dense fog fell over the horizon blocking the sun and sat straight in front of them .

"A strange thing to have a fog come upon us after such great weather" One of the officers remarked.

"Indeed it is" replied the admiral.

"i don't like like it" said a sailor, "its to suspicious".

"We should wait it out" another said.

"YA!" others yelled.

"Gentlemen, we have a dead line! We must get these goods to port or the king will have our heads!" said the admiral.

With that the deck fell silent.

"GOOD, now set sail!" he ordered.

"Aye, Aye" the crew replied.

Once again the ships set sail into the fog. Unfortunately though they had no idea what lie ahead of them...........

TO BE CONTINUED