Copyright (c) 2014 by GJMI Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
GJMI -- Blogmeister

GJMI

Class of 2012-2013

by GJMI

teacher: Rye 8th Team

"Subs!" Coach says to the ref, in her loudest most frightening voice. She tells me to go in. There are no spots left, but server. I go to the bottom right of the court, which is where the server stands. The ref blows the whistle, my face as red as it is on a cold winter day. I bounce the two times with my fist. Then I rest the ball on the plam of my hand to hit it. I take a deep breath, then hit it with my all. The ball goes over the net. Two of the people on the other team dove for the ball, one of them wanting it just as more as the other. They both miss! I am so proud of myself and so is my team! My coach gives me a high-fife as we finish the game, and tells me I did a great job! This was the best game of my life!