SRWI-

by teacher: Rye Alumni

Exosolar Assembly
We had an assembly discussing various ways that astronomers use to discover new planets. We can only find planets with a large amount of mass because they are many lightyears away. At first we thought that Jupiter was the biggest planet but then we discovered many larger planets by using various amazing ways to locate the planets. We can look at the stars and watch the planet go by the the star dipping the light in a way that we can be able to tell the exact mass. We take a camera and take pictures of the light and that will show us in a graph. We can find out the mass of the planet by doing this and also find new planets that are further away. As we get more advanced technology we can find smaller planets that are further away. There are many different ways of finding planets however this is one that you could do in your backyard.