Copyright (c) 2014 by AJBR Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
AJBR -- Blogmeister

AJBR-

by AJBR teacher: Rye 8th Team
Learning Update - Voki 03/19/12
my prezi 11/29/11
My Eye 09/12/11

Dear Dad,

I just finished Module 1 of my math text book. We learned all about probability,exponents, order of operations, tables and graphs.

We did a probability project on a type of items we choose then after you make a small poster all about the probability of the items you chose. Probability is a great project and skill. We did lots of experiments on it. We played games on the computer, we did the probability of cards and dice. They were great ways to learn probability.

Exponents aren't really something you'll use a lot in life but its an easy way to show an equation when the numbers are the same and you're multiplying them all by each other. How exponents work is like this. So say you have the number 7, it's in this equation 7x7x7x7x7. With exponents all you have to write would be 75. Exponents are really just another way to show one number being multiplied by it's self several times.

Order of Operations is how you evaluate an equation in the right order so you get the correct answer. There are a few different ways you can remember the order of operations the easiest one for me to remember is PEMDAS. PEMDAS stands for Parentheses Exponents Multiplication Division Addition Subtraction. Another way that people sometimes remember it is Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally. Well anyway Order of Operations makes any types of equations easier to understand and that is why math equations are easy and fun to do.

Tables and Graphs help throughout your whole life. You use them in almost all subjects. Especially when you calculating population from this year to this year. Anyway, we had to make a table for our probability posters and we made graphs and tables for homework, schoolwork, quizzes, tests, and assignments. Tables and graphs are also a great skill to have for future reference and jobs.

All the math skills we learned in Module 1 are all skills that we should know throughout are lives. I learned a lot about skills that I can use in the future and I can’t wait to tell you more about math.