TJCA-

by teacher: Rye Alumni

Mr Gianforte's Visit
There are certain things in the universe that are unknown. These things make people wonder, and makes people want to learn more. Mr Gianforte, an astronomer, nicely came in to our school to teach and show us about our universe and the planets and stars in it. I realized the universe is really really big! This made me feel small and weak. I also learned How Jupiter is the biggest planet in our solar system and that it is a gas giant. Mr. Gianforte also explained that there is a new planet being found that might have 3 forms of water. This was exciting news for me to hear, because the idea of living on a different planet is new to all of us, and almost seems impossible!An interesting piece of information would be that our universe might be a part of something bigger, and we are just a small part of a big thing.
Article posted November 2, 2010 at 10:25 AM • comment • Reads 42 • Return to Blog List