Copyright (c) 2014 by Miss T Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Miss T -- Blogmeister

Insert Punny Title Here

9th Grade Teachers

by Miss T

teacher: Melanie Transue

What Can I Do?
November Freewrite

Sometimes the hardest part about writing a blog is choosing a topic. There are so many things to write about, so many thoughts worthy of being shared. As I began considering what my November topic will be, I kept a few criteria in mind. One: I try to keep my Freewrites technology based. Two: I want my blogs to, in some way big or small, promote healthy attitudes about technology.

The idea that settled on me was that my students, worrying about their blog grades, never discover that blogging is a means of expressing oneself. They don’t realize that lots of people do it by CHOICE and not by force. For many, it is their way of commenting on and changing the world.

After a web search (I didn’t have to look very hard at all), I found some blogs you too might find interesting. All the blogs below were found at 100 Best Blogs for Those Who Want to Change the World. This site has gathered a list of blogs, big and small, that actively try to change the world. Here’s three I though would interest you (100).

1. So What Can I Do?
What I like about this blog was that it didn’t just offer a list of organizations to give money to. It provides real suggestion of big and little ways to change to world. I also liked that the home page broke the suggestions down by topic. I checked out the education link first! (So).

2. Animal Rights
There were lots of environmental topics, but I thought the issue of animal rights would be meaningful to many of my students. I particularly like that this site has informative videos.
CAUTION: Some of the posts are graphic! Watch at your own risk (Animals).

3. Poverty in America
Again, the issues brought up in this blog are relevant to our lives. It touches on American issues, not other places around the world. What I don’t like it that the site is extremely biased. What I do like is how this site relates a literary theory we will study in January (Economic).

Works Cited
"100 Best Blogs for Those Who Want to Change the World." Best Universities.com. Best Universities.com, 2012. Web. 01 Nov. 2012. <[LINK]>.

"Animals." Change.org. Change.org Inc., 2012. Web. 01 Nov. 2012. <[LINK]>.

"Economic Justice." Change.org. Change.org Inc., 2012. Web. 01 Nov. 2012. <[LINK]>.

"So What Can I Do?" So What Can I Do? Web. 01 Nov. 2012. <[LINK]>.
Article posted October 25, 2010 at 08:39 PM • comment (6) • Reads 1890 • Return to Blog List

I do have trouble finding a topic. Like now, I can't find a topic. I do beleive blogging is a way of expressing yourself as well.
Posted January 24, 2014 at 01:02 PM by • Parke S
Ms. Transue I sometimes feel the same way I always sit there for a while and just think about what to write about and sometimes I sit there for half an hour and it is so hard. I also liked your stories that you found.
Posted January 24, 2014 at 12:51 PM by • Robert N
Ms. transue personally I hate computers. So I also dislike blogging. However I still like your blog.
Posted January 10, 2014 at 11:36 AM by • Jack W
I agree with you to, I have trouble thinking of what to write about. Also you have a good point about having a good attitude towards blogging, I know my attitude towards it isn't the greatest but I know I should try a little harder too. I Also like how you listed blogs.
Posted December 6, 2013 at 04:54 PM by • Breanna Y
I definitely agree with you , one of the hardest things about blogs is figuring out what to write about. Sometimes I sit there for 20 min. trying to think of what to write about because there is so much. Also I like how you added all the different blogs.
Posted November 25, 2013 at 10:05 AM by • Joseph W
I liked how you listed all of the different blogs with certain topics you felt your students would like. Also, I like how you gave some insight into things we will study later in the future. Although, there were a few errors where you misplaced a word, for instance, "What I don't like it that..." Otherwise, it was a good blog.
Posted November 25, 2013 at 07:35 AM by • Meliana B

Melanie is a graduate of Tunkhannock Area High School and Bloomsburg University and could not be happier to now to call Elk Lake her school. She considers it an honor to teach the Freshmen class, and if it is possible, she is even more excited than ever before for this year's success. (Freshmen Rule!)