Copyright (c) 2014 by FHKR Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
FHKR -- Blogmeister

FHKR

by FHKR teacher: Rye 8th Team

Math Letter

Dear Nana,

How are you doing? Tell Pop I said hi. In school I have been learning a lot of new stuff in math this module. I am going to tell you a little bit about that.
We have been learning a lot of stuff so I am only going to share about the things I enjoyed. We learned how to make bar and line graphs and when to use them. You use a bar graph when you are taking a survey and you use a line graph when you are keeping track of time. I found I was good at this so it was fun.
I also enjoyed learning how to do order of operations. I have found I enjoy this then most things we do even if I am not the best at it. During this project I learned what PEMDAS [Parentheses, exponents, multiplication, division, addition and subtraction.] To remember that we say please excuse my dear Aunt Sally we even heard a song about it by the way your a pain in my PEM DAS [just kidding but...]
I have also learned that exponents are not as hard as I originally thought they were. I did not understand them at all I remember that I was always worried when they were on a test but now I think they are easy.
Moving on, we have also been working hard on probability. I not the best at it but I understand it and know how to do them which is the most important. But I really liked the projects we did with it.
One of my strongest subjects I have to say was making frequency tables I do not know why but they just come easy to me Maybe it is because I like to sort things but I don't know. But it makes me happy I don't have to worry about them on a test.
I have had a lot of fun learning about new stuff all term I cant wait to learn more Love
LRKE