Copyright (c) 2014 by Rye 7th Team Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Rye 7th Team -- Blogmeister

Rye JH - 7th Grade Team-

7th Grade Team

Discover what's happening in the 7th grade classes at Rye Jr. High (A Middle School) in Rye, NH, US.

by Rye 7th Team

Rye Jr. High School
Ms. Adams' Science Blog
RJH 7th Team Web Page

Today in science class, our class traveled down to the cafeteria, and we sat down. A man named Mr. Gianforte came to school to tell us a little bit about astronomy. I could tell already that he knew a lot about astronomy, and I couldn't wait to hear what he had to tell us. He told us many things, and most of them were very new to me.

He taught us about exo-planets, which are planets that are out of our solar system, and that there are 494 of them. He also educated us on how there is an end to the universe. This interested me because I had no idea whether there was an end to the universe or not, and he let us know that. Another thing that we learned is that there are about 200 billion other stars (suns) in the universe. We don't know for sure whether there are other humans or life forms out there, but we may find out in the future.
Article posted October 21, 2010 at 11:56 AM • comment • Reads 52 • Return to Blog List

Current Class
Past Class

--- Moon Phase Badge___

CURRENT MOON
-- EarthCast 2014 badge3042c1a2778dc5c7e5401bf2732221ecff2da72d Earthcast11 Badge ----