Copyright (c) 2014 by Willem deKluyver Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Willem deKluyver -- Blogmeister

Happy Go Lucky!

3H 2010-11

by Willem deKluyver

teacher: Sue Halbert

West Quoddy Head Light
http://www.flickr.com/photos/suehalbert/5084080255/" title="lighhouse illustrations 023 by sue halbert, on Flickr">lighhouse illustrations 023

I heard about something new today its west Quoddy Head Light. I want to share with you what that is. That is a light house in Lubec Main. When and was first built 1808. Also my light house was rebuilt in 1858 . Do you know what it is built out of? I do, brick. The height of the light house is 49 feet. The light house light makes 2 white flashes every 15 seconds. The West Quoddy Head Light received one of the nation’s first fog bells in 1820.They tried 4 different fog bells. There salary is $4.10 yearly. West Quddy Head Light is attached to a house. The light house has red and white stripes. . A interesting fact was in the binging of the light house is fat but as you go up it gets skinner to the top. That is all about West Quoddy Head Light.
Article posted October 13, 2010 at 10:15 AM • comment (4) • Reads 86 • Return to Blog List

LOved your picture of the lighthouse. It made me imagine what it would be like to really see it in person!
Posted February 2, 2011 at 06:34 AM by • IW
Kylie your blog is amazing! I loved your picture and the details you put into it! You wrote a very informational paragraph and I will share this with others!
---your sister
Posted October 28, 2010 at 04:12 PM by • CW
Thanks, that was nice. I love yours. Thanks a again. This is KW saying thanks to the comments. Bye GC. Do you see? Did you see others? Bye again.
Posted October 20, 2010 at 06:22 PM by • KW
I like the way you did the water in the picture. It was very good. Since I have the same lighthouse, here are some facts that you did not use. One fact is that in 1869 a daboll trummpet fog whisle. Is the salary $4.oo or $4 dollars a year?
Posted October 20, 2010 at 09:59 AM by • gc

I am 8 and I know how to ride a bike. I go food shopping with my daddy. I like to play in my attic with my dolls. I also like to go to Phillies games with my family. I like to go to my Nana’s house to play basketball.