Copyright (c) 2014 by Emily Piccirillo Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Emily Piccirillo -- Blogmeister

My Wonderful Blog

3H 2010-11

by Emily Piccirillo

teacher: Sue Halbert

[LINK]" title="lighhouse illustrations 018 by sue halbert, on Flickr">lighhouse illustrations 018

The Rockland Breakwater Lighthouse is not on an island, it is on a breakwater. A breakwater is a barrier to break the impact of waves to protect the harbor. In 1902 the Rockland Breakwater light was built out of brick and wood. The color of the lighthouse is brown and white. Did you know that the characteristic of the light is that it is flashes white every 5 seconds? Also the lighthouse was never rebuilt. They turned the lighthouse in to a museum. Rockland Breakwater Light is 25 feet tall. The nearest city is Rockland, Maine. It cost $30,000 dollars to build the first lighthouse in 1902. People caught lobsters by the lighthouse. This lighthouse does have a foghorn. A float and ramp were put in the lighthouse in 2003. Did you learn anything about my lighthouse?
Article posted October 13, 2010 at 10:13 AM • comment (5) • Reads 105 • Return to Blog List

I love the colors you used for the lighthouse and bushes! See ya around, AT
Posted March 3, 2011 at 09:58 AM by • AT
Yes, I really like the picture now. I know lots about Rockland Breakwater.
Posted November 10, 2010 at 07:26 PM by • JL
I have never been in a that lighthouse. I have been in an old one that is not used any more.
Posted October 22, 2010 at 03:08 PM by • EP
How you mixed all those colors to make that brick color made it stand out awesomely. My lighthouse was never rebuilt either. I learned that your lighthouse is made out of brick and wood. Have you ever been in this lighthouse or in any lighthouse?
Posted October 20, 2010 at 09:59 AM by • KG
It feels like I'm at the lighthouse.
Posted October 20, 2010 at 09:48 AM by • AE

I am a third grader who’s 9 years old. My favorite sport to play is field hockey. I like left wing the best! In the winter I play basketball. Art is fun! I take art classes at repining fine arts where my aunt did. In my family I have a twin brother and two younger brothers. Riding my bike is something I love to do with my brothers. I love the beach!!!!! My favorite colors are purple, blue, green, pink and turquoise. That’s all about me!!!