Copyright (c) 2014 by Autumn Egan Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Autumn Egan -- Blogmeister

AE's quest

3H 2010-11

by Autumn Egan

teacher: Sue Halbert

Owl's Head Light
http://www.flickr.com/photos/suehalbert/5084670302/" title="lighhouse illustrations 006 by sue halbert, on Flickr">lighhouse illustrations 006

Did you know Owls Head Lighthouse is built under a hill? It is only 30 feet tall but the rock that it stands on is 100 feet above sea level. No one knows how Owl’s Head got its name. Some say it looks like an owl’s head from the water. The first lighthouse keeper was named Isaac Sterns only made 350 dollars per year. In 1989 they replaced the mirrors with a Fresnel lens. The Owl’s Head Lighthouse is very small and is made out of brick and mortar. This lighthouse is white at the bottom and black at the top with a spiral staircase. Owl’s Head Lighthouse is located west Penobscot, Maine. I enjoyed learning about Owls Head Lighthouse and I hope you did too!

Article posted October 13, 2010 at 10:13 AM • comment (4) • Reads 214 • Return to Blog List

Great picture.
Posted January 15, 2011 at 08:18 AM by • RV
I really like how you were so descriptive for your picture and paragraph! I really enjoyed it. I liked learning about it too! Isn't Owls Head cool?
Posted October 21, 2010 at 03:15 PM by • GK
I enjoyed reading about Owl's Head Lighthouse. The lighthouse in your picture looks just like how you described it in your paragraph.
Posted October 20, 2010 at 02:04 PM by • AK
AE I really like your picture it was better than mine your lighthouse was really good! You had alot of facts. Are you a little picture smart? your friend,GB
Posted October 20, 2010 at 09:53 AM by • GB

I am a third grader in 3-H and I am 8. Gymnastics is my favorite sport. I am a member of a Gymnastics team called JOGA. Level 7 is my level.