Copyright (c) 2014 by Jessica Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Jessica -- Blogmeister

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">
RockYou FXText
Welcome to Room 1, 2011. There are many wonderful exciting action packed activities that we are going to be involved in this year. Be part of this magical journey by viewing our blog and be inspired for greater things...

by Jessica teacher: Michael Cunliffe
My Giant Panda video 11/30/10
Our Giant Panda Video 11/29/10
Giant Panda Quiz 11/21/10
Chimp Art 10/31/10
The Giant Panda 10/12/10
Spine poem 08/17/10
Animal love poem 08/15/10
animal poem 08/15/10
Andy Warhol Printing 07/25/10
Get out of the house 07/21/10
Phantom coach 06/29/10
The Scarecrow 06/22/10
Chuck Close Art 05/18/10
My Sample Recount Writing 05/18/10
Tree Kangroo. 06/30/09
06/07/09
mammals 05/14/09
Roald Dahl 05/14/09
Grandma 11/24/08
Grandma 11/24/08
Photostory 11/10/08
Octopoem 08/21/08
Autumn 08/07/08

The Giant Pandas come from the bear family. They are mostly the same size. When the Giant Pandas are born they are so small. Their mum’s and dad’s are 900 times bigger than the babies when they are born.

Behaviours
Giant Pandas spend 14-16 hours a day eating bamboo. Giant Pandas are very shy. They lie down nearly everywhere they go so the can save energy.

Food
Giant Pandas eat bamboo most of the time. They also eat grass, leaves and soft shoots if they have nothing to eat they will sometimes eat bark.

Habitat
Giant Pandas live in Central China in China. They live in Vietnam, Laos and Burma and they also live in zoos all around the world.

Natural habitat
The Giant Pandas natural habitat is mountains, bushes, bamboo forests and ranges. They also live in flourished Myanmar and North Vietnam.

Appearance
Giant Pandas have a white face and black rings around their eyes. They have black arms and legs. Their tummy is white. Giant Pandas have black nose. When the Giant Pandas are born they are about 6.2cm and they are pink.

Predators
The Giant Pandas predators are humans and leopards.

Climate
In winter the Giant Pandas have a warm waterproof coat. When it is hummer they get really hot. When it is snowing the Giant Pandas don’t really care.

Classification
The Giant Pandas come from the bear family. The female Giant Panda are 4 feet tall and 82kg in weight. The male Giant Pandas are 5 meet tall and they are 100kg in weight.

How many left
There are about 160-240 in zoos today and in the wild there are about 1600 left.

Threats
The Giant Pandas are getting threatened by the poaches cutting down their homes, they are ruining their places and their beds.

Scientific Name: Ailuropoda melandoleaca

Differences between zoos and in the wild.
In the zoos the Giant Pandas have limited space, people watching and less things to climb on. They have more food and have cosy beds

Summary
The Giant Pandas are apart of the bear family and most bears from the bear family are endangered.