Copyright (c) 2014 by Terry Smith Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Terry Smith -- Blogmeister

Mr. Smith's Blogging Community

WWW.SMITHBLOGGERS.ORG

See educational technology links and videos on the Classroom Web and on multiple Wiki pages. This blog is no lobger being used by kids because Mr. Smith has moved to higher education - Western Illinois University. Please browse through the articles here to see how many different ways that kids can learn with blogging around the world. Oh, for rock and roll fans, here is a vdeo from our annual Winter Air Guitar Party AIR Guitar Link

Kidlink Landmark 2014 Games - The Project starts again in February. Last year we had so many participants that we had to create Group A and group B in the primary Games. We still had only one section in the Challenge Group (older students). Let's see what happens this coming year in the 2014 Games!

by Terry Smith

Meyer's Blogs
Livewires - NZ
Ms. Tarasevich - Russia
Ms. Smith's 5th
Mrs. Black -Naches, WA
Higgs Class UK
Uganda Friends
Postage Stamp Voicethread

Monster Kids in Joliet
Here is a short video showing the boys and girls in grade 4 at St. Raymond's School in Joliet, Illinois. This school is next door to the University of St. Francis where I am working now as a professor in the college of education. I went to this classroom on Tuesday to work with the kids on the Monster project. I'll be going back soon to watch their Monster come to life. -- Mr. Smith

Article posted October 7, 2010 at 10:52 PM • comment (6) • Reads 42 • Return to Blog List

Hey Mr. Smith! Man it sure does look like you guys are having fun with the monster project. We dont get to do anything like that her at Hannibal Middle School, but we sure do have alot of fun. I miss you guys and hope that i will be able to come see you guys sometime. Well got to go. I will start getting on here and reading the blogs to see what you guys have been doing and i will post comments. Bye!!!! :)
Posted April 14, 2011 at 08:17 AM by • alicia robertson
Hello Mr. Smith.

I forgot to say before, our blog is ricmac.edublogs.org.
Thanks. :)

Sincerely, Harry
Posted November 29, 2010 at 05:20 PM by • Harry
Hello Mr. Smith.

I'm Harry from Australia, It looks like some complicaated stuff goin' on there! I'm very impressed by those projects, very cool! I'd like to see the finished products very much!

P.S. Maybe you could add our blog to your blogroll, my class is trying to go worldwide!
Thanks, Harry
Posted November 29, 2010 at 05:12 PM by • Harry
That video was awesome I like how you all worked together with so many different things.
++++++++++++++++++++++
Thank you, Morgan! Working with all the different materials really allows kids to be creative, don't you think? Thanks for commenting -- Mr. Smith
Posted November 29, 2010 at 02:00 PM by • Morgan
We liked all the different monster bits and how you made them (nice maggots!). We look forward to seeing your completed monsters.
+++++++++++++++++++++
Thank you! And the project members voted on the TOP Monster of 2010. It is from South Africa. See the results on the project site. - http://www.smithclass.org/proj/Monsters/index.htm
Posted November 17, 2010 at 09:31 AM by • Mr Sumner's class
That is really cool that you are doing that! Hope the project goes well!
------------------------------------------
Thank you Collin. So far it is more fun than we can handle! Lots of thinking and discussing and designing toward what should be a very interesting Monster. Thanks for posting. -- Mr. Smith
Posted October 14, 2010 at 10:45 AM by • CollinM

My Last Class

From NPR: Letters to President Obama from students in the 4th, 5th and 6th grades at Eagle's Nest Intermediate School on the Navajo Nation reservation in Tuba City, Arizona.

Special Links
Taiwan Food Project
Air Guitar

Our Podomatic Page