Copyright (c) 2014 by Marissa Townley Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Marissa Townley -- Blogmeister

Kinder Kids-

We are a kindergarten classroom in Saskatchewan, Canada. We will go on many adventures this year to learn about animals, weather, the Earth and much more!

by Marissa Townley

No Links added yet!

Pattern Trains and the Letter 'A'

Last week we started learning about patterns and the letter A.  We had another day of workshops where the children made pattern trains, practiced sorting, printed s's and a's, and made s and a objects with play-doh.  At this time your child should know the letter and the sound of S, A, T, and I.  However, extra practice at home is always a bonus.  Point out these letters to your child on signs or cereal boxes and see if they can give you the letter name and sound.  Also see if they can point out any patterns at home or around the city.  Extra practice never hurts!

Article posted October 4, 2010 at 08:03 PM • comment (1) • Reads 36 • Return to Blog List

I am a pre-intern this year and was just wondering how one goes about choosing the order students learn the letters of the alphabet? Did you start with S? Why not A? I really love the idea of making things out of play-doh that start with the letter you are studying. Hands on and visual learners will greatly benefit from this learning experience!
Posted November 1, 2010 at 10:38 AM by • Sarah Ann

Reporters