Copyright (c) 2014 by 5 Haley C Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
5 Haley C -- Blogmeister

-

Welcome to an exciting year of learning!

by 5 Haley C teacher: 6th Grade

Three things that i learned in the unit are conduction,convection,and about particles.Conduction is the flow of heat from one object to another by direct contact between the objects.Convection is the flow of thermal energy that occurs when a warm liguid or gas moves from one place to another.All particles don't move the same speed,when the particles in a substance are cold they move slow.When particles are warm they move about medium speed,and when they are hot they move fast.When faster moving particles bump into slower moving particles,the faster particles give the slower ones energy.

My favorite things in this unit were probaly doing the labs we did,for example the one where we made the popcorn.Another one of my favorite labs were when we did the balloon experiment.Some things that i like the least about this unit was we did the food coloring experiment when convection occured when the food coloring was in the water.

What were some things you liked and disliked about this unit? 

Article posted September 28, 2010 at 11:09 AM • comment • Reads 103 • Return to Blog List